1. Take entire box of Dad’s old vinyl to FYE after local hole-in-the-wall shop is not open, despite it bring during their posted business hours.
2. Unload one Eric Clapton double album for $5 cash.
3. Grab a Wes Montgomery record and a Johnny Lang CD, both used.
4. Discover that Used CD’s are but two, get third free.
5. Spend an hour turning your nose up at all the clearance greatest hits before assenting to the last Sleater-Kinney disc and whatever the hell the Yardbirds were doing in 1967.
6. End up putting $22 on your credit card, so you can keep that Lincoln.
As soon as the time came
that our Lord wanted
to be born in this middle-earth
for the sake of all mankind,
at once he chose kinsmen for himself,
all just as he wanted,
and he decided that he would be born
exactly where he wished.
-Ormulum by Orm, XII century, background to the Nativity(via mediumaevum)
Middle-Earth. It’s a thing.